I love this recipe! I discovered buckwheat granola about 2 weeks ago and have been making batches of it ever since. Every time I have a smoothie bowl I sprinkle some over the top to add a sweet crunchy texture to it. It so so easy to make and only takes 20 minutes in the oven.
Buckwheat is highly nutritious containing high levels of manganese, copper, magnesium, fiber, and phosphorus. It has a low Glycemic Index rating therefore it will contribute to lowering your blood sugar levels making it a perfect addition to your breakfast.
What you’ll need:
250g Organic Buckwheat Groats
2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
2 1\2 tbsp Raw Cacao powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
1 tbsp of Almond Butter (Optional)
What you need to do:
- Turn on the over to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a sauce pan on a low heat, heat up the coconut oil until it’s melted.
- Add in the Maple syrup, cacao powder, cinnamon and mix it all up together until smooth.
- Turn off the heat and add in the buckwheat. Mix around and make sure all of the buckwheat groats are covered evenly.
- Grab a large over tray and cover with grease proof paper or tin foil.
- Pour out the buckwheat mix and spread out evenly on the tray.
- Put in the oven for about 20 mins. Keep a eye on it though, it might take less time. It just needs enough time to crisp up.
- When done take out of the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes. Pour into a sealed jar and store in a cool dry place. it will last for up to 4-5 days once sealed.
Here’s a smoothie bowl I made this morning made up of frozen bananas, frozen raspberries, pitted dates, blueberries, and vanilla rice milk. Topped with my buckwheat granola and some more blueberries 🙂 It’s so good it’s hard to believe that its actually healthy!