Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I love weekends, it gives me a chance to try out some new recipes I’ve been thinking about during the week.
I think you’re going to love these chocolate peanut butter bars. They’re a great healthy easy to make sweet treat that you can enjoy as a snack or as a post workout treat to keep you ticking over to a main meal. In total it took me about 10 minutes to throw together the mix so they take little or no effort to make at all. They’re a great alternative to a chocolate bar when your sweet craving hits.
What You’ll Need:
Coconut oil, to grease the baking tin
105g (1/3 cup) Pure maple syrup
85g (1/3 cup) Smooth peanut butter
1 cup Organic brown rice pops
4 tbsp Cacao buckwheat – recipe here
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Carob powder
3 tbsp Mixed seeds
- Lightly grease a baking tray or tin with coconut oil, or line it with greaseproof paper.
- On a low heat melt the peanut butter, maple syrup and carob powder in a pan. This should only take about 1-2 minutes.
- In a big bowl mix together the seeds, the vanilla, the buckwheat, and the brown rice pops.
- Mix in the peanut butter, maple syrup and carob powder mix to the bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mix evenly into your greased baking tray and press down to ensure it’s even
- Put into the fridge and let it chill for about 30-60mins. then carefully slice into bars using a sharp knife.