Happy Saturday! I got a nice little recipe for you to try out if you’ve got nothing to do on this Saturday afternoon. This mouse is soooo good! It’s a perfect healthy treat for the weekend that you don’t have to feel guilty about, and it’s 100% vegan. If you can’t tell already from my other posts, I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Every now and then after dinner I would crave something sweet, especially at the weekend. This chocolate mouse is perfect option as you can whip it up in 10 minutes with just a few simple staple ingredients that most people would have in their kitchen.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 tsp of cacao/carob powder
- 3 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100ml nut milk (I used dark chocolate almond milk)
- Place all ingredients into a blender except for the frozen banana and blend until smooth.
- Add the frozen banana and pulse the blender until the banana break ups.
- When smooth, add the mouse mix into a container and place in the fridge for around 30-40 minutes to set.
- When it’s ready add whatever topping you like, I added some banana to the bottom of a glass, poured some of the mouse mix in until half ways, then I added some more chopped bananas, and filled the rest of the glass with mouse. I toped it with more chopped bananas, frozen strawberries, and chia seeds.
Have a good weekend 🙂