I have to admit, I didn’t have high expectations for this recipe, being cauliflower and all… I’m not the biggest cauliflower fan, but making them this way has changed that! They really came out super tasty. Even my housemate who hates cauliflower with a passion liked them. Now that’s saying something. 😉
The batter was delicious, not too much BBQ, not too spicy, but full of flavour. I will be making these a lot more for sure. They would be perfect for a party as they look really impressive. At a quick glance, you would almost think they are chicken wings. They’re a good meat free alternative snack.
What you’ll need:
1 head of cauliflower
Wet ingredients :
- 120mls non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 50g peanut flour (or other flour of choice)
- 70g cornflour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp BBQ seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic lovers grinder (from Tesco, garlic, onion, red pepper, salt, pepper, parsley, green pepper)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in one bowl, and the dry ingredients in another.
- Slowly mix in the dry mixture to the wet mix and stir until batter is smooth.
- Cut up your cauliflower head into bit size chunks.
- Add the cauliflower into the batter and mix well so that all pieces are covered with the mixture, leave to soak for 30 minutes.(optional)
- Grab a baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Spread the battered cauliflower wings onto the tray evenly.
- Put them into the oven for 40 minutes, turning them over after around 20 minutes so that they cook evenly.